OLLO! I'm back. Thought that, if I'm delurking artwise, I should update my journal as well.
Usually, when I spend a ridiculous amount of time NOT posting anything to deviantART or one of my other haunts, I'm either extremely busy or just plain depressed. Neither is the case this time, though it's not like things are exactly rosy.
The truth is...most of the friends I have here simply ditched. They're sick of dA, and I understand why. The site's not the most responsive to users, and has questionable concepts of what's acceptable (tracings and ripoffs apparently) and what's not (depictions of male or gay sexuality that would be acceptable if they were female, straight, or lesbian). So...I don't approve of those issues, but I'm not quite sure where I stand because I'm not leaving.
There's nowhere else I really like that much besides LiveJournal, and even that I don't take full advantage of. Here, I honestly enjoy looking at and reading art--not just fanart.
Now that I've got that out of the way...
- In case you didn't hear this yet, RP-ikkou is finally history. I'm not sure exactly when SashiRine decided to do this, but everyone knew it was coming. It was good while it lasted, hm? Not that any former members are reading this...
- Everyone in my family continues to have embarrassing health problems of every sort. I am beyond a doubt the least whiny and depressed of the bunch. Friends I have talked to, heard from, or read the blogs of lately seem pretty bummed out too, so I don't have any fresh stories of them. What this is?? At least my co-workers seem cheerful, but they are always always
- In the past few months, I've seen Lady Gaga and the Gorillaz live. Yes. Both shows were fantastic.
- I also saw Megamind this past weekend. YOU GUYS. YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS MOVIE. Megamind himself is freaking KYOOT
and followed everywhere by an awesome 80's metal soundtrack. I am now of the mind that every movie should have AC-DC in it.
I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a kids' movie this much that wasn't Studio Ghibli.
- I've been writing and composing ideas a LOT lately. No, none for you just yet. Most of these are the mythologies (so to speak) behind the characters in my original stories--the moments in their stories or backstories that give you a sense of who they are. More finished ones could easily wind up here, but for now I'm just taking it as it comes and trying to utilize as much inspiration as possible. I've also got a few great Hetalia story ideas, but that's not really what I'm focusing on right now.
- The coming of autumn and end of Daylight Savings Time generally breeds madness in me. In truth, I'm taking it better than I usually do. So long as I can keep myself engaged and DOING things, I can at least keep myself too busy to get stressed out...though I suppose I'm rather stressed anyway. Who isn't?
- Sassy Gay Friend.
You know how, back in high school, there were a couple of weird kids who inexplicably enjoyed
reading Shakespearean plays? I was one of them, so long as everything was comprehensively footnoted, that is. Sassy Gay Friend's down-to-earth take on the plight of literary characters is refreshing and cracks me up. He's a damn smart bitch.
- I want a blue Tsutarja. I will name him Francis. You don't want to know what he does to the Pokémon he defeats...
Anyone reading, anyone giving a crap, do comment and tell me how your lives are. But not all at once, no...whenever I see more than two new messages on my devwatch, I worry that I've unwittingly sparked another troll attack.